Kayak on Struma
Every day in the summer
Every day in the summer
28-29 Май 2022
27-28 Август 2022
Tours in Bulgaria
17-18 September 2022
Kayak tour Black sea
Tours in Greece
Kayak tour Diaporos
24-26 June 2022
8-10 July 2022
Kayak tour Ammouliani
9-11 September 2022
Kayak tour Zakynthos
29 August – 4 September 2022
What to prepare for a kayak trip?
- Water shoes
- Sunglasses and hat
- Thin fleece jacket for wind
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Mosquito and bug spray
- Clothing and underwear for changing
- Personal medicine
- ID card
- Warm clothes for the evening
What is a kayak?
The kayak is a small, narrow vessel that is propelled by a two-bladed paddle. Throughout the beast, the term canoe is often used when referring to a kayak, but they are different boats. The traditional kayak has an opening in which one sits. The kayaker needs to carry a syringe that closes and prevents water from entering the boat. The kayak has a comfortable seat and back. Sea kayaks have a rudder that helps steer the boat. The rudder is controlled by steps at the feet.
The kayaks were originally developed by the North American Inuit, Yupik and Aleutian tribes. They use boats to hunt in inland lakes, rivers and coastal waters of the Arctic Ocean, North Atlantic, Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea. These first kayaks were made from sewn skins of seals or other animals extending over a frame of wood or whalebone. Kayaks are considered to be at least 4,000 years old. The oldest existing kayaks are on display at the State Museum of Ethnology in Munich, believed to date from 1577.
Types of kayaks
According to their purpose
- Fast water kayaks – short, maneuverable
- Sea kayaks – long, stable and fast
- Recreational kayaks – slow, stable
According to the number of people
According on the design
- Inflatable kayaks – Extremely stable, maneuverable and easy to transport. Suitable for rivers and lakes.
- Sit on top kayaks – Hermetically sealed kayak shells. You sit on them. They do not sink and do not fill with water when turning. Suitable for short walks in lakes and playing the waves in the sea.
- Sit in kayaks – The most common form of kayaks, in which a person sits inside them. Stable and can be rolled over when using the syringe. There are many varieties and sports that can be practiced with such a kayak.
In Bulgaria we organize kayaking on the dams Pancharevo, Studen Kladenets, Golyam Beglik, Ognyanovo, Struma River, Arda and Iskar.
Kayak trips are a popular destination in Greece. The Mediterranean climate creates favorable conditions in spring, summer and autumn for several daily trips. We organize expedition tours for lovers of wild camping on remote and uninhabited beaches. The best way to move to another time is to visit the remote islands of Zakynthos, Diaporos and others. Picturesque views, sea creatures and good friends are a mandatory part of any adventure. Kayaking tours in Greece are suitable for absolute beginners and for people with experience in kayaking. Before each entry there is a short course on rowing and driving techniques.
Years of experience, a thirst for adventure and a cheerful spirit from rafting and kayak club Reflip will make your adventure unforgettable.